Thursday, December 31, 2009

Because you're beautiful, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah


Suede - Beautiful ones

High on diesel and gasoline, psycho for drum machine
shaking their bits to the hits,
Drag acts, drug acts, suicides, in your dad's suits you hide
staining his name again,
Cracked up, stacked up, 22, psycho for sex and glue
lost it to Bostik, yeah,
Shaved heads, rave heads, on the pill, got too much time to kill
get into bands and gangs,

Oh, here they come, the beautiful ones, the beautiful ones

loved up, Doved up, hung around, stoned in a lonely town
shaking their meat to the beat,
High on diesel and gasoline, psycho for drum machine
shaking their bits to the hits,

Oh, here they come, the beautiful ones, the beautiful ones,

You don't think about it,
You don't do without it,
because you're beautiful,
And if your baby's going crazy
that's how you made me,

la, la, la, la...


There are times where you hear a song and you just know its the one you're gonna put on repeat the whole day - for no particular reason, it just comes to you. (That electric guitar intro, especially)

It was Streetlights by Making April & Norah Jones yesterday, and that's how I ended up referring to that picture of the blue model streetlights (sadly, it wasn't a good attempt and I'm going to try drawing a new one soon if time permits)



Peace out, I'm staring at a perfume advertisement and it reminds me of the lines "A singer in a smoky room, A smell of wine and cheap perfume" from Journey's Don't stop believing.

Please don't remind me how wonderful YSL's Parisienne smells. I don't wear perfume, but I'm so in love with that scent, somehow. Happen to come across it. (wouldn't mind a bottle of it!)

Crossing my fingers and hoping that sketch will work out just fine. If it is, I might just put it up somewhere :)

No comments: